As New Zealand businesses grapple with the uncertainty of the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s more important than ever to ensure that operations remain as efficient and profitable as possible. While the lockdowns have been disruptive for many, there are still plenty of opportunities for businesses to remain resilient and continue to thrive in these challenging times. Here are some tips for Kiwi businesses to consider to ensure that operations remain effective and profitable amidst these unprecedented lockdowns:
- Utilise technology: In this digital age, there is a range of technology solutions available that can help businesses operate more efficiently. Investing in cloud-based solutions and digital tools can help streamline operations and provide staff with the tools they need to work remotely.
- Embrace remote working: Remote working can help businesses keep their staff safe while still maintaining productivity. Investing in employee wellbeing and providing the tools and resources they need to work from home can help ensure that operations remain effective.
- Leverage digital marketing: Digital marketing is an effective way to reach customers and continue to generate sales. Utilising social media, email, and other digital channels can help businesses stay connected with customers and continue to promote their products and services.
- Focus on customer service: In times of uncertainty, customers need reassurance that businesses are still providing the same quality of service. Investing in customer service and building strong relationships with customers is key to ensuring a successful and profitable business.
- Invest in training: To ensure that operations remain effective, businesses should invest in training their staff. Training can help staff become more efficient, while also helping them to develop new skills and stay up to date with industry trends.
While the Covid-19 lockdowns have been disruptive, there are still plenty of opportunities for businesses to remain resilient and continue to thrive in the long-term. By utilising technology, embracing remote working, leveraging digital marketing, focusing on customer service, and investing in training, businesses can ensure that operations remain effective and profitable amidst the Covid-19 lockdowns.